cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving texts

nixcork
Newcomer

I joined 48 a couple of months ago - all good - except I have just discovered that I am not getting texts from the UK. A friend told me he had sent some, and I hadn't got them, so I've just tested it using a UK registered phone to send myself a text - it didn't arrive. I assume it's a setting problem, but I can't figure it out. Any clues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it is definitely not working with a UK phone when sending to +353 89 XXXXXXX (or whatever the number is) then you should probably log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

From time to time others have reported individual problems with receiving texts from certain (Irish) mobile networks so it may be another case of the same thing. I have no idea why this happens sometimes to some users...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi nixcork

First, fair due's for attempting the Trial and Error...

The Main reason for text's not being received from 'Abroad' is an error in the Number entered, namely the Country Code.

In your case, your number would look like this on the sender's (UK) screen (00353) 89*******

Beyond that, you could ask your friend to turn on Delivery Report's - and see what Error (if*) is displayed on his screen after sending the messages.

I hasten to add, if you can text him, with no issues - and text out/Receive Messages generally, then your Message settings are fine.

(If you had problems with message settings, Your handset would simply have no Message service at all)

Smiley Happy

If it is definitely not working with a UK phone when sending to +353 89 XXXXXXX (or whatever the number is) then you should probably log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you.

How to get help

From time to time others have reported individual problems with receiving texts from certain (Irish) mobile networks so it may be another case of the same thing. I have no idea why this happens sometimes to some users...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

hi ive jusr joined today and im having the same problem and have tried both +35389...... and 0035389...... please help

What do you mean?

You are trying to send a text from a UK phone to a 48 number and neither +35389....... nor 0035389....... work - i.e. the texts never arrive at the 48 phone?

Do texts from an Irish number arrive OK?

Anon
Not applicable

i can send and receive to irish mobiles and send to uk mobiles but my friends have sent replies and i still havent received

OK - you probably need to log a support request to ask 48 about this. 

See my earlier post that links to the "How to get help" key post.

If your friends are using the correct prefixes or replying to your texts and their contract/package allows them to send international texts then it should just work.

Hope this helps.

nixcork
Newcomer

It's obviously one of those weird things... Currently, there is a French friend whose texts I don't recieve (although he can call me ok, so it's not to do with country code), and there is an English number which I can recieve texts from, but my replies don't get there! 

Yeah - something odd/wrong there obviously.

Did you log a support request to get 48 to look into it for you?

See my earlier link to "How to get help".

Hope this helps.

jockbob
Newcomer
Hi all, just moved to Ireland from Scotland and joined 48 as I was previously with O2 back in uk. I too am experiencing the same as posted. Able to call and text back to uk, able to receive calls from uk but no texts received. Have contacted support as I couldn't find a definitive answer, they are a bit baffled by it too which seems strange as it's been posted before. However they are looking into it so hopefully it can be resolved.