cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Internet

jmaljnr
Newcomer

Hi,

is there a way to buy an internet add-on for roaming, like we can with texts and calls?

John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You mean for internet access while roaming abroad?

Unfortunately not. 48 don't support data/internet access while roaming abroad at all.

While abroad you need to make do with wifi access wherever available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14

@tarmonator wrote:
Same happened me.

What do you mean?

Same what?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

derekn123
Newcomer
When the issue was raised if you clicked on the EU roaming add ons link you were directed to the Add ons panel and you could buy 1Gb of Internet. This mislead me to thinking it was for EU roaming when it was just for out of package usage. I just checked there and you cannot do this anymore as the add to cart button is not highlighted

Thanks.

So it's still unclear what hammerhead is referring to if the original issue that you mention is no longer present.

This new announcement is relevant here:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...