cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming calls

sean47
Newcomer

I was in U. K. for past two weeks and am now back in Ireland.  I paid for roaming calls before I went away. I have 32 minutes of roaming calls remaining. I am trying to ring U.K. mobiles now and cannot get through. Whats up?  I thought that once you had paid roaming you could ring numbers in U.K., even if you were in Ireland or am I mistaken? Help please.   Thank you.....Sean.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You are mistaken.

EU roaming calls/text add-ons are for use when roaming abroad and cover calls/texts to Irish numbers or numbers in the country in which you are roaming (the latter bit is not clear from the description below but is the case according to a recent clarification from 48 support).

The EU roaming add-ons are no use once you are back in Ireland (Republic).

Add-on Rules

You may use your EU Roaming add-ons for making calls to or sending texts to the Republic of Ireland while in EU Countries only. For details on eligible EU countries click here. You may not use your EU add-ons for calls or texts to international numbers, premium rate numbers, non-geographic numbers or Directory Enquiries.

For that you need cash credit to cover the cost of the calls.

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You are mistaken.

EU roaming calls/text add-ons are for use when roaming abroad and cover calls/texts to Irish numbers or numbers in the country in which you are roaming (the latter bit is not clear from the description below but is the case according to a recent clarification from 48 support).

The EU roaming add-ons are no use once you are back in Ireland (Republic).

Add-on Rules

You may use your EU Roaming add-ons for making calls to or sending texts to the Republic of Ireland while in EU Countries only. For details on eligible EU countries click here. You may not use your EU add-ons for calls or texts to international numbers, premium rate numbers, non-geographic numbers or Directory Enquiries.

For that you need cash credit to cover the cost of the calls.

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Wow. It's all so unnecessarily complicated regarding roaming, credit, addons.. Bit of a swindle that you can't use them up when you get back. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't think it's swindle.
The information about how add-ons work is available on the website and linked from the purchase page so it's not difficult to make an informed purchase choice.