cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screwed up messages

dylanbolger
Newcomer

Hi there,
I've been a 48 customer for around 2 years now and have loved it, never had any problems. Until recently my phone has gone cracked. Sometimes when i send a message it will fail to send for no reason (I have full signal) and then when i resend it or copy and paste the text into a new message it will send but not deliver. So i'll need to type it all out again. On other occasions it sends the message perfectly, but the recipient will get the start of this message and then three dots (...) and the end of a message i sent them 2 or 3 weeks ago! Its been happening for months and i thought it was my phone so i got it factory reset and totally wiped, but its still happening and its extremely frustrating.
Any idea why this is happening? Do i need a new SIM card maybe? And if i do can i get a replacement one with my old number on it?
Thanks for any help or advice offered.
Dylan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Dylan,

Have you tried using your SIM in another phone for a few days? If you have a spare phone around the house you could try it out for a couple of days and see if the problem persists.

If the problem occurs on another phone using your SIM then you will need to submit a support ticket using the link in my signiture.

If the problem goes away I am afriad, as nubus said, it is a problem with your phone.

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2

Anon
Not applicable
Just by reading everything there the signs seem to point towards a hardware failure.

I'd say this problem is on your handset's end; rather than 48's!

Hope this helped!

Anon
Not applicable

Hi Dylan,

Have you tried using your SIM in another phone for a few days? If you have a spare phone around the house you could try it out for a couple of days and see if the problem persists.

If the problem occurs on another phone using your SIM then you will need to submit a support ticket using the link in my signiture.

If the problem goes away I am afriad, as nubus said, it is a problem with your phone.