cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspended

rebek_ahh
Newcomer
Hi.
Yesterday I got the warning text I was nearing my internet limit, so that night I bought a new membership (the Don). I could text all of today and last night, but three hours ago suddenly my texts stopped delivering.
I went to my account and it says I've been suspended.
Does this actually mean I can't text or call for a month, even though I paid 20 euro for a membership last night?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

The new membership you bought will only go into effect once the current one expires.

When does your current one expire?

You might have do submit a support ticket with 48 to get a reason why your account was suspended so you can rectify it.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

Anon
Not applicable

Hi,

The new membership you bought will only go into effect once the current one expires.

When does your current one expire?

You might have do submit a support ticket with 48 to get a reason why your account was suspended so you can rectify it.

Anon
Not applicable
That's a bit weird.

As Adam said, your best bet is to take this to the tech staff.

Please check out these links before you do so, incase they're of help to you!

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Why-can-t-I-call-or-text/m-p/28/highlight/tru...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Everything-about-membership/m-p/24/highlight/...

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It's not really weird if the fair usage limit on the current membership was breached and the use barred for the remainder of that membership month. As mentioned above in such circumstances buying a new membership dues not help because it does not kick in immediately but attacks until the current one runs its full monthly course. Once the current membership expires a banned member needs to contact support to get the ban lifted. Then the new membership can be used. Note that a second ban is for good.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

michellehoran
Newcomer
I got the usage text last week but I could textand call until today at about 2 o clock my messages stopped delivering and I topped up by 20 euro and I tried to text to buy membership but the messages won't deliver??

What usage text?

You mean a warning that you were about to breach the fair usage limits?

Fair Use Policy/ Acceptable Use Policy

If you mean that you got barred for doing this then you have to wait out the remainder of your current membership and when it expires you contact 48 support to get them to lift the ban.

Guide on how to get help

While you are barred you cannot make calls/send texts/use internet. Not sure if you can receive calls/texts - I suspect not. If you are barred then that would explain why you couldn't buy membership by text even if you had sufficient cash credit to cover the cost. I.e. the text asking to purchase membership would never get sent.

In any case buying a new membership now doesn't help - it will just stack to kick in when your current membership has run its full monthly course. 

Memberships always run their full monthly course and cannot be terminated prematurely.

By the way - if you are barred for a second time then you are barred for good.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.