Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Traveling abroad

Average Joe
‎12-08-2015 11:02 PM
Hi, my mum and I are traveling to France for 6 days and we will need to communicate with each other while we are there, I want to ask will our 48 numbers still work while we are there and we don't have to get a French number and will we be able to use the Mitch membership and not have to buy add ons.
Also can you explain the unlimited whatsapp messaging, do I have to use the internet while I'm sending a message r can send the message without using Internet and receive a reply without using internet if I have the app.
Posted from Bush 5 Smartphone
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: Traveling abroad

The Legend
‎14-08-2015 09:45 AM
Well it's not useless because if you want to use your 48 number there at all then you still need it - otherwise things won't work at all.
But the membership bundled calls, texts and data allowance don't cover services while abroad and you need cash credit it EU roaming add-ons.
I explained all this above.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.

View solution in context

Posted from Micromax A310
0 Likes

All Replies

Abroad!

Anon
‎31-05-2013 07:13 PM

Does the 48 sim work abroad? 

I need to know. 

0 Likes

Re: Abroad!

Big Kahuna
‎31-05-2013 08:45 PM

It'll work , but you need to buy extra credit soley for Roaming as you can't use your usual membership abroad!! Also you need to see what operator works with 48 in the country you are going to!! 

0 Likes

The Legend
‎31-05-2013 11:50 PM

See here for some info about roaming add-ons and pricing when roaming:

http://48months.ie/deal

http://www.48months.ie/pricing

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎04-03-2014 04:11 PM

how can i check if 48 sim will work in UK?

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎04-03-2014 04:26 PM

Without going there you can't check it.

But it will work. Smiley Happy

I have been to NI and France in the past year and it worked fine.

And if you are going there then you might want to check out the EU roaming calls/texts add-ons as they may be more cost effective in many cases than paying for calls (outgoing and incoming) and texts from your credit balance while roaming abroad.

Cheaper roaming rates

Other call charges

Bear in mind that data will not work while roaming abroad.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

No service abroad

Average Joe
‎24-09-2014 08:56 PM
I've been abroad for a week in Europe and my signal never works it permanently says searching and I am in areas of full service? Other people from Ireland have perfect service
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Re: No service abroad

The Legend
‎24-09-2014 10:46 PM

When you manually search for networks what do you get?

What happens when you manually select one of the networks?

Can you try another person's SIM in your phone and see what happens?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Average Joe
‎27-09-2014 10:12 PM
When I put it into another phone it still says searching/no service. There are no options for network choices is just says none found. Thanks for help
Posted from Apple iPad
0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎27-09-2014 11:07 PM

Odd. Perhaps a SIM problem? Best to contact 48 support but that's probably not going to help you out while you're abroad unfortunately?

How to get help

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community