Average Joe
‎12-05-2015 11:24 PM
Great thanks!
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Going abroad.

Hot Rod
‎29-05-2015 08:56 PM
Hi 48. I'm heading abroad (within the eu) and I was wondering if my 48 sim will work on my phone ie will I be able to make/receive calls/texts? I went away last year and I was requested to put in a sim unlock code (which I didn't have) so I was without one while away.
Thanks
Posted from Motorola XT1032
0 Likes

Re: Going abroad.

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎29-05-2015 10:58 PM

If your SIM works in your phone here then it should work when you are abroad.

It doesn't make sense to me that you were prompted for a SIM PIN if it's not the SIM PIN used to restrict access after rebooting the phone or something?

iPhones can be hassle in this respect but you don't seem to be using one?

When in the EU you will need cash credit to cover the costs of outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts. 

See here for details:

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Or else you can buy EU roaming add-ons:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Windows-8-Phones-internet-and-mms-settings/m-p/4210#faq_no...

Data roaming does not work abroad so you will be restricted to wifi where available.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Re: No service abroad

Average Joe
‎30-05-2015 12:34 PM
Do you have an iPhone? I just fixed mine, I'm in Italy and had same issue.

1 - Can you disable LTE/4G on your handset and try again.
2 - If above fails, go to the Settings/Phone/SIM Applications and select When Abroad/Network Selection/Manual/International - Roaming profile. Then search manually for a network. Turn phone off an it will find the network then when you restart.

If you do not have an iPhone, you should try the above also, it's just known to work with iPhones.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes

Re: No service abroad

The Legend
‎30-05-2015 03:05 PM

Bear in mind that the previous query was from back in October 2014. Man Happy

Is your solution the same as this?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎30-05-2015 05:41 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'm just wondering what I should do if it happens again? I'll need my phone this time round.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
0 Likes

The Legend
‎30-05-2015 05:50 PM

Difficult to say because I don't understand why you would get such a message if your phone + 48 SIM work fine here and you use the same setup while roaming abroad. The message is either for the SIM PIN which should only appear if you enable SIM PIN locking in your security settings. In that case use the SIM PIN1 or this approach to getting in:

I forgot my PIN

Otherwise the phone is saying that it's locked to a specific network and cannot be used on another network - and this should simply not be the case if the phone works on 48 because by definition you need an unlocked in the first place...

Do you have the exact message and a precise description of how/when it appeared?

0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎31-05-2015 01:23 AM
Basically when I got on the flight I turned off my phone and when I landed I turned it back on and instead of asking for my PIN code it was asking for a SIM unlock code, as if it didn't recognise a network. I didn't buy any data roaming add on's so I think this may be something to do with it.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎31-05-2015 10:06 AM
That's very odd.
Not having the add-ons has nothing to do with it.
I don't know why that happened, never heard of it happening before and can't really say if it won't happen again the next time.

Posted from Micromax A310
0 Likes

Hot Rod
‎31-05-2015 05:33 PM
Okay that's great. Thanks a lot for your help.
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community