Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Going abroad.

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎13-10-2016 01:04 PM

Only with offline maps or when connected to wifi.

Google Maps will not be able to download data/maps on demand over carrier data because 48 doesn't support carrier data while roaming abroad.

Have a look at this:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Re: Going abroad.

The Legend
‎13-10-2016 08:46 PM

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Re: Traveling abroad

Coach
‎02-01-2017 11:03 AM

Hi,

Regardingtravelingabroad,I am going to Zimbabwe, Africa and just want to recieve any texts that might be sent to me while abroad, I dont want to miss any. Will this happen with my 48 account?

I will use wifi and Whatsapp for everything else, ie out going calls or out going texts.

Thanks,

Grace.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎02-01-2017 08:43 PM

48 don't support roaming in Africa so you won't be able to send/receive texts or make/receive calls. 

And they don't support data abroad at all. 

So no phone services will work at all. 

The only things that will work are apps/services that can work where you have a WiFi connection where available. 

Hope this helps.

Posted from Xiaomi Note 3
0 Likes

The Legend
‎03-01-2017 08:17 PM

Did that help at all?

1 Like

Coach
‎11-01-2017 04:36 PM

H

Just to let you know that I am currently in Zimbabwe, Africa and I can receive texts!! Yipee.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎11-01-2017 05:10 PM

Are you using an iPhone? 

If so then you're probably getting them via iMessage.

48 don't support roaming in Africa so you're not getting them over a carrier network connection. 

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Coach
‎12-01-2017 01:34 PM

Hi,

No, using a smartphone. Either way however I am picking up a signal, I am receiving texts, which is all I wanted while abroad.

Thanks for you help.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎12-01-2017 03:32 PM

Very odd - 48 say that they only support roaming in Europe, North America and Oceania so I have no idea how you're getting a signal in Africa. Man Frustrated

0 Likes

Community Manager
‎12-01-2017 03:45 PM

Hi @grainnemhaille@dalyer is right when he says that you shouldn't have service in Africa, the countries listed here are the only ones that you should be able to pick up service in - http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad 

I'd like to look into this, can you pop me a PM (private message) with your details when you get a chance? Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community