cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Sim

Anon
Not applicable
I've registered sim but each time I turn on phone it asks me to unlock the sim, I can do this by using PIN 1: but do I have to do this each time?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable

well yes, you do.

as with any other phone, or network; you'll have to enter you PIN number upon switching on the phone.

you can turn this off on most (if not all) phones by looking through your settings and switching this off.

just saw you're using an iPhone.
follow the steps below to turn this off.

Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.

Hope this helps.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10

Anon
Not applicable

well yes, you do.

as with any other phone, or network; you'll have to enter you PIN number upon switching on the phone.

you can turn this off on most (if not all) phones by looking through your settings and switching this off.

just saw you're using an iPhone.
follow the steps below to turn this off.

Settings > Phone > SIM PIN.

Hope this helps.

For aomw reason my  PIN is blocked after I turned my phne off and on again. I ave used the same PIN for years.  The Sim PIN screen does not offer me more chances after I have put my old PIN in three times. What has gone wrong? 

Does it prompt for your PUK?

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/td-p/35067

If not then you probably need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks really helpful

Anon
Not applicable
Hi, and how can I turn it off on a iPhone 5s??

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any use?

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1316

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

marine
Newcomer
where is the solution , cant see it!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
The solution to what specific problem?