cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Dilemma

Hi,

I've been a 48 customer since about December after unlocking my phone from the Vodafone network. However, that phone has gone to heaven so I was forced to get a new one.
The same thing has happened and the new phone has been rendered useless as Vodafone won't give me an unlocking code again as I have been with 48 for quite some time.

This is really annoying me because I want to continue to use 48 but how can I do that with my phone locked? Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Regards.

P.S. The new phone is a Nokia and in actual fact requires a 'restriction code' if that means anything to anyone. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What Nokia model? 

Chances are you can get it unlocked "unofficially" - either through a bricks and mortar phone shop or by getting an unlock code online for a fee or maybe even for free.

Edit: any use?

http://nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes/

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What Nokia model? 

Chances are you can get it unlocked "unofficially" - either through a bricks and mortar phone shop or by getting an unlock code online for a fee or maybe even for free.

Edit: any use?

http://nokiafree.org/free-nokia-unlock-codes/

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the help. My new phone is the Nokia 113 and it's not listed on that website you linked - but thanks.

I'll have to try one of those discreet shops that unlock phones. Do you know if they are relatively cheap or do they cost a bomb?

I would try Google/YouTube/eBay first for a free or cheap unlock code from a reputable source. It is bound to be cheaper than going to a bricks and mortar store. I've seen a few YouTube links that purport to explain how to unlock the Nokia 113 for free.

Hope this helps.