Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Verizon USA Unlocked but wont work

Coach
‎08-05-2016 10:37 AM

I have a HTC (M8) unlocked from from Verizon USA. It recognises O2 Sim, Three Sim but fails to recognise 48.  Anyone have any idea for solution?

0 Likes

Re: Verizon USA Unlocked but wont w

Rock Star
‎08-05-2016 11:18 AM

Hey

Is the 48 sim already activated by the 48 team ? Have you Data Roaming enabled?
Posted from Google Nexus 5
0 Likes

Coach
‎08-05-2016 01:24 PM

Yes - the 48 Sim is activated and working in another phone (I tried a second 48 Sim with same result)

Roaming is turned on.

Error shows "Please make sure there is a valid SIM Card in phone".

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
Rock Star
‎08-05-2016 02:17 PM

Hey

Thanks for the Info... 48 as you know is an MVNO, (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Both the other operator's mentioned in your OP are not.

At the moment that is what stands out with your query.

However that aside, the device you mention supports GSM HSPA LTE Tech so I can't see that being an issue.

Perhaps you need a new Sim, are the 48 Sims you are using several months old? Also, have you flagged a ticket with the 48 Agents?

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

PS, I'm assuming you could connect to Internet,/Message/Call out while the other sims were in the device?...

0 Likes

Rock Star
‎08-05-2016 03:45 PM

Any Joy?

Meanwhile, a rocking sim tray is common in these devices, longshot here, but back to basics... Remove sim, wipe gentley, reinsert, power cycle and see if that works...
0 Likes

Coach
‎08-05-2016 08:15 PM

Thank you 1amcn for your support with this.  I'll try your suggestion of wipe.

Tried two 48 Sims and they were both around since Feb/Mar. No joy with either.  

And yes other two network sims had full functionality.  When I insert 48 Sim,  phone does not read/recognise SIM at all.  I'll try a bit of TLC!!  Nothing lost by getiing new SIM either.

Chatted with 48 agent but suggestion was it might be on Verizon side.  

Thanks again 

Tony

1 Like

Rock Star
‎08-05-2016 10:11 PM

Hi Tony

Glad you are making headway, maybe if you get to the bottom of what the issue is, you might pop back here and update?

Smiley Happy
1 Like

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎08-05-2016 10:51 PM

@tonyhead wrote:

Yes - the 48 Sim is activated and working in another phone (I tried a second 48 Sim with same result)

Roaming is turned on.

Error shows "Please make sure there is a valid SIM Card in phone".

Is that the verbatim message?

Can you post a screenshot?

Is the 48 SIM noticeably thinner than the other SIMs?

Some people seem to report that some SIMs are too thin and need to be padded (e.g. with a bit of tape or something like that on the non contact side) in order to make good contact and work.

Oddly others have found that bending their phone has helped! Man Surprised

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/375116-htc-one-m8-not-recognizing-sim-card.html

But I wouldn't recommend that as a fix unless you know that your phone's body is damaged/bent...

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

The Legend
‎09-05-2016 04:43 PM

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Coach
‎10-05-2016 12:19 PM

Sorry for delay in replying and thanks for continued support.  

I tried a new sim from a friend's fone but no joy.  I also trid inserting the sim without the tray -I attached to a sturdy piece of plastic.  Again the O2 and Three sims worked using this process but not 48.

Now here's the thing, as they say....

When I insert the sim there is no reaction from fone but if I try altering the settings I get this error:

ValidSim.png 

While the fone does not react to inserting 48 Sim it does when I remove it (which would lead me to believe that fone does see a sim??)- 

remove.png

Any more thoughts on sbject would be greatly appreciated as this is really frustrating.

Thanks

T

0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community