cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon USA Unlocked but wont work

tonyhead
Visitor

I have a HTC (M8) unlocked from from Verizon USA. It recognises O2 Sim, Three Sim but fails to recognise 48.  Anyone have any idea for solution?

29 REPLIES 29

1amcn
Rock Star

Hey

Is the 48 sim already activated by the 48 team ? Have you Data Roaming enabled?

Yes - the 48 Sim is activated and working in another phone (I tried a second 48 Sim with same result)

Roaming is turned on.

Error shows "Please make sure there is a valid SIM Card in phone".

@tonyhead wrote:

Yes - the 48 Sim is activated and working in another phone (I tried a second 48 Sim with same result)

Roaming is turned on.

Error shows "Please make sure there is a valid SIM Card in phone".

Is that the verbatim message?

Can you post a screenshot?

Is the 48 SIM noticeably thinner than the other SIMs?

Some people seem to report that some SIMs are too thin and need to be padded (e.g. with a bit of tape or something like that on the non contact side) in order to make good contact and work.

Oddly others have found that bending their phone has helped! Man Surprised

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-one-m8/375116-htc-one-m8-not-recognizing-sim-card.html

But I wouldn't recommend that as a fix unless you know that your phone's body is damaged/bent...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Sorry for delay in replying and thanks for continued support.  

I tried a new sim from a friend's fone but no joy.  I also trid inserting the sim without the tray -I attached to a sturdy piece of plastic.  Again the O2 and Three sims worked using this process but not 48.

Now here's the thing, as they say....

When I insert the sim there is no reaction from fone but if I try altering the settings I get this error:

ValidSim.png 

While the fone does not react to inserting 48 Sim it does when I remove it (which would lead me to believe that fone does see a sim??)- 

remove.png

Any more thoughts on sbject would be greatly appreciated as this is really frustrating.

Thanks

T

You mean you tried a friend's 48 SIM and it too didn't work?

In that case I can only assume that 48 SIMs are somehow incompatible with the phone which seems very odd...

Are they both recent SIMs from 48?

Googling that verbatim error only throws up a single link which seems to be a list of all error codes in this phone's ROM.

If this was a common problem I would obviously expect other instances of it to appear online.

I'm sort of out of ideas here and can only suggest that you get onto 48 support (again?) and see if they can help...

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I think I've come to the end of the road.  Spoke to 48 Agent who said if sim working in other phone then it's not the sim. Spoke to HTC who said if other sim works in phone then its not the phone.

So it not the sim, it not the phone.  Googled Verizon and they say 4G LTE is Globally Unlocked but it might be necessay to to edit the APN settings.  Tried that.  No Joy.

So can't go much further.

T

If the phone is not recognizing the SIM at all then the APN/internet settings have no bearing on that so that was poor advice from Verizon if they suggested otherwise.

That situation seems really odd but unfortunately I can't think of anything other possible solution either... 😞

Unless there is a software update for the phone that might help it to recognize 48? Sometimes ROMs have hardcoded lists of carriers that may not always be up to date...

Thanks.  Still trying to make direct contact with Verizon.  I'll keep posted if I succeed