Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Verizon USA Unlocked but wont w

The Legend
‎18-05-2016 10:52 AM

Hope it was nothing serious and you're on the mend...

What SIM did you insert when you got that message from 3?

If it was the 48 SIM then I don't know why you'd be getting any message from 3.

However all the message is saying is that they cannot automatically configure the internet/APN settings so you need to do that yourself - see here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Did you try enabling roaming/data roaming after the factory reset?

When you manually search for networks what do you see (screenshot if possible)?

I'm stumped especially if your 48 SIM works in other unlocked phones including the other Verizon phone that you mention... 

:-(

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Anon
‎19-05-2016 12:42 AM

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE WITH THIS.

What SIM did you insert when you got that message from 3?  I factory reset and then inserted 48.- after a couple of minutes the 3 messahe arrived.

Did you try enabling roaming/data roaming after the factory reset?  Yes it is enabled

When you manually search for networks what do you see (screenshot if possible)?

Screenshot_20160518-120910.jpg

When I click on Preferred Network i get a choice of 3 types.  I have tried each of these with the same result - nada

Screenshot_20160518-121519.jpg

when i try to set APN I get

Screenshot_20160518-121539.jpg

When I click the add button i get into the normal  APN SETTING SCREEN but some of the settings are greyed out and I cant set them and it wont save without settingaccesspoint.jpg

So where to now.  I still think the blank wall with a splat is appealing

Tony

0 Likes

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎19-05-2016 08:56 AM

Very odd.

Still no idea why you see 3 on the message about settings.

It should say 48...

Is the other Verizon phone the same model or a different one?

Edit: Sorry - just saw that you have a Verizon M8 and an iPhone so scratch that question.

Is the phone that's having problems on the latest software update?

I wonder if there is some knowledge of carriers embedded in the software and it simly doesn't know about 48 (and maybe other virtual networks)?

If you had time you could maybe try another SIM from a virtual operator on the 3 network (e.g. Lycamobile, Tesco etc.) and see if it works.

Trying to configure the APN settings when it thinks that there is no SIM installed is never going to work - it needs the SIM to allow this to proceed.

Otherwise i'm as stumped as you unfortunately...

:-(

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then use option 3 or the chat facility here.
0 Likes

Rock Star
‎19-05-2016 05:14 PM
Hey T

If it were me, before the white flag, I'd order another 48 sim... It's at no cost so no harm to try... The last sim I had from 48 brought up Tescos APN settings randomly... Yet i had to add the 48 APN manually, I believe I wasint alone in that circumstance...was no harm by it being there mind Smiley Happy
Posted from Google Nexus 5
0 Likes

The Legend
‎19-05-2016 05:16 PM

My phone also shows a Tesco APN when the 48 SIM is inserted so I had to manually configure and use a 48 APN.

I think that this is a result of the phone misidentifying the carrier and using some info that it has baked into its ROM.

0 Likes

Coach
‎26-05-2016 12:01 AM

Tried two more things.  I ordered a new Sim, activated it online, inserted it - NO recognition.  

A friend has a micro sim which was cut down to size of Nano.  Its working fine in his phone, Worked fine in my phone which I'm using at present but when inserted into Verizon - No recognition.  (This sim is somewhat thicker than regular Nano sim).

Do I give up now as a lost cause before I grey immaturely!!

T

0 Likes

The Legend
‎26-05-2016 12:42 AM

That's a real bummer and a bit of a mystery.

Did you already try a factory reset and/or reinstall of the latest stock ROM just in case that does anything to help?!

Other than that I can't think of anything else unfortunately... Man Sad

0 Likes

Re: Verizon USA Unlocked but wont work

Rock Star
‎29-05-2016 10:04 AM
Ah, What a pity to hear the new 48 Sim wasint recognised either.

Tremendously frustrating...
Posted from Google Nexus 5
0 Likes

Coach
‎28-07-2016 12:38 AM

Sad to relate that it beat me.  Took it to an repair shop in moore street - three shops actually.  No one could help.  Decided there was nothing to lose by trying to Root it.  No success.  Tried a company in US which declared that they could Root anything - they said rooting not necessary cause the phone worked fine with other networks.  So I decided that if it worked on other networks thats really where it should be.  So its zinging along happily on Three as I type here.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎28-07-2016 09:24 AM
Beats me too unfortunately... :-(

Posted from Xiaomi Note 3
0 Likes

Announcements
If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community