cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone won't give me nac I have an iPhone 4 is there any other decent links to get it unlocked

Anon
Not applicable

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Why won't they unlock it for you?

It's a while since I did any unofficial iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking but it still comes with caveats and may result in loss of functionality or inability to upgrade to newer versions of iOS etc. But maybe I'm wrong and things have moved on since I was doing this...

If you Google you will find guides and information about how to do this... e.g.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_Dev_Team

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Why won't they unlock it for you?

It's a while since I did any unofficial iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking but it still comes with caveats and may result in loss of functionality or inability to upgrade to newer versions of iOS etc. But maybe I'm wrong and things have moved on since I was doing this...

If you Google you will find guides and information about how to do this... e.g.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_Dev_Team

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
I've unlocked/jailbroken a good few iPhones, and have always found it affected the overall performance of the phone.

I'd recommend you get it done in a phone repair shop.... Usually found on the high street of a city/town nearby. Might cost you upto $50 to get done, but i'd rather chance that than kill the battery life or whatever.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Don't the phone shops just jailbreak and unlock unofficially anyway? Isn't the only way to do it properly through the carrier and/or Apple and any other way involves risks and caveats?