cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the actual network then?

Anon
Not applicable

Call it snobbery or whatever, but I joined the 48months network, not O2. Where do 48 actually have masts? I loathe the fact that my phone shows I'm roaming on the O2 network and would rather that stupid little R above my signal indicator vanished for good.

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

48 is an MVNO operating on the O2 network.

They may also have some equipment of their own in the masts etc. but they basically use the O2 network.

48 is owned by Telefonica as are O2 so they're part of the same group.

However O2 (and 48?) are being taken over by Hutchinson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_(Ireland)#2013:_Hutchison_3G_merger)

The roaming "R" on the signal bars is not a problem if enabling data roaming doesn't get rid of it.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Right but even when I switch off the WiFi on my phone I am unable to connect to the internet anyway. I've downloaded the tweakker app to configure my internet and MMS settings and even that's not able to sort it out. Any ideas?

In this order try:

1. the online configurator
  2. the Tweakker APN app
  3. manual confguration of the settings

See here:

Internet Settings

Make sure to enable data roaming.

If none of this works contact 48 support:

How to get help

Obviously you need a membership with data access included or an internet add-on.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

Tried the online configurator and got no text. Tried the tweakker APN app and it couldn't connect to the internet. Put in the manual settings and no joy either. Submitting a request to the Care Team.

@ddrumdiablo wrote:

Tried the online configurator and got no text. Tried the tweakker APN app and it couldn't connect to the internet. Put in the manual settings and no joy either. Submitting a request to the Care Team.

Same here with the online configurator - no text received. I reported the issue to 48 support but no update to date.

What handset make/model do you have?

Not sure why the app is trying to connect to the internet since the whole purpose of it is to configure your APN settings. However try it when on wifi to see if that helps?

I have always used the Tweakker APN app or manual configuration on any phone that I have used and never had any problem getting data access to work. Not sure why so many other people seem to have problems with this though...