cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EU Add-on work in Romania

fbtn
Visitor

Hi..going to Romania tonight for a few days. Will Roaming Add-On work there?

I don't see it listed anywhere - either on the EU Countries list or on the Other European countries list.

Cheers. 

17 REPLIES 17

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I guess they should work since Romania is in the EU but for some reason Romania is omitted from the list of countries below and I seem to recall it being an exception.

http://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Our EU Roaming Add-ons work in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Antilles (incl Guadeloupe), French Guiana, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte & Reunion, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (incl. Azores and Madeira), Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (incl Canary Islands), Sweden, or the UK (incl Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, and Isle of Man).

I have a suspicion that 48 don't support any service at all in Romania.

Edit: e.g. see an older post from me here: http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-fix-No-service-while-roaming/m-p/26819#M8499

So you might want to check with 48 support before going.

http://www.48months.ie/help#contact-us

Also - if you have an iPhone be aware of this issue:

iPhone abroad issue

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

48 support confirmed to me that there are no roaming agreements in place to cover Romania so even though it's an EU country EU roaming add-ons will not work there and, in fact, even with cash credit you will not get any service.

I guess one option might be to get a cheap SIM/package locally?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I didn't know Martinique exist or is a country until i checked list of contries covered by roaming. 

Probably 100 000 romanians living in Ireland and 48 can't make an agreement ?

Shame.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This thread is over two years old.
I see that Romania is not listed on the roaming info page at all.
Neither under Guido EU roaming nor under "rest of Europe".
I've asked 48 support if Romania is covered at all and will post back when I get a reply.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This is what I got from support unfortunately...

"We have no service agreements in place in Romania so no service at all.

Unlikely to change going forward unless we can get an agreement setup with a mobile provider over there"

orlaithmullin
Visitor
Hi, RO Orange works. Didn't buy EU add on, just added credit for phone calls, data roaming

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That doesn't make sense.
According to 48 roaming will not work in Romania at all.
EU roaming only works on a Guido membership but not in Romania according to 48 support.
You don't need additional cash credit for EU roaming.
And there are no roaming add-ons anymore.

orlaithmullin
Visitor
Well I'm in Romania, connected to RO orange for the last week, making calls ok so something is working 😉

Any data available ?