cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will EU Add-on work in Romania

fbtn
Visitor

Hi..going to Romania tonight for a few days. Will Roaming Add-On work there?

I don't see it listed anywhere - either on the EU Countries list or on the Other European countries list.

Cheers. 

17 REPLIES 17

orlaithmullin
Visitor
Yes, data available

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I've contacted 48 support to ask them for some clarification about this.
@orlaithmullin do you have a Guido membership?
Are you sure that you're definitely getting reception and service on a 48 SIM and not on some other SIM - e.g. in a dual SIM phone?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

orlaithmullin
Visitor
Yes, you're right, it must be something like that alright.

You mean you do have a dual SIM phone and are probably getting reception and coverage on the non 48 SIM?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
This is what I got back from 48 support:

"Thanks for getting in touch with us.

The Guido membership will not work in Romania. You can get local SIM card to use while roaming in Romania.

Feel free to contact us if you further face any difficulty/query. We're also available on Livechat from Monday to Friday between 9AM to 9PM and on Weekends between 9AM to 8PM."

So there must be something else going on here since 48 obviously still don't support Guido EU roaming in Romania.

Hope this helps.

Are they ever gonna do anything about Romania , Hungary .... or eastern Europe doesn't matter.

" Buy a local sim" ... Oh, thanks for the tip, it never crossed my mind 

@au wrote:

Are they ever gonna do anything about Romania , Hungary .... or eastern Europe doesn't matter.

" Buy a local sim" ... Oh, thanks for the tip, it never crossed my mind 

Guido EU roaming DOES work in Hungary.

And other central/eastern European EU countries.

And roaming calls/texts will work in other non EU central/eastern European countries on any membership once you have cash credit to cover the outgoing texts/calls and incoming calls.

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Romania seems to be a specific problem for some reason.

I don't know why.

Maybe ask 48 support?

Hope this helps.

orlaithmullin
Visitor
Ok, thanks