cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acer phone not working no calls

Anon
Not applicable

hi i have a acer phone and i recently bought 20 credit and when i put it in no problems but when i go to make a call it doesnt work on my signal bar it say r stands for roaming i think when i go onto my settings voice calls are crossed out so it wont let me send calls or texts but let me recieve them please get back to me about this as its anoiying that i cant send calls and i need my phone for buisness reason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

R on the signal bars means roaming.

This happens with some phones/operating systems but not others because you are on a virtual network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) such as 48. That it itself is nothing to worry about (no extra charges or anything).

What exactly do you mean "when I go into my settings voice calls are crossed out"? Can you post a screenshot or describe the situation in more detail please?

What does your online account say about your membership status and expiry date? Remember that topping up with €20 credit is not the same as buying membership. Maybe you simply have no membership in place? That would be one explanation of being able to receive calls/texts but not make/send them.

Everything about membership

Where has my credit gone?

As I said before I find 48 great but I would not use it for running a business to be honest. 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

R on the signal bars means roaming.

This happens with some phones/operating systems but not others because you are on a virtual network (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_virtual_network_operator) such as 48. That it itself is nothing to worry about (no extra charges or anything).

What exactly do you mean "when I go into my settings voice calls are crossed out"? Can you post a screenshot or describe the situation in more detail please?

What does your online account say about your membership status and expiry date? Remember that topping up with €20 credit is not the same as buying membership. Maybe you simply have no membership in place? That would be one explanation of being able to receive calls/texts but not make/send them.

Everything about membership

Where has my credit gone?

As I said before I find 48 great but I would not use it for running a business to be honest. 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

eileennoodles
Newcomer
My credit went in still can't make calls

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What do you mean by credit?
Cash credit topup?
Membership?
Add-on?
What does your online My 48 account page say about your current membership status, expiry date and allowance balances?

Hope this helps.

Any update @eileennoodles?