cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another mms-receiving prob :P

alexlad
Newcomer
hi, just earlier i was sent a picture message but i didnt receive it, as in, it didnt show up in my inbox. I requested that they send the mms again and waited. I noticed that the ''background data traffic'' icon was flickering on , and since i had no other internet applications open, im assuming that it was my phone attempting to receive the mms, but it never appeared in my inbox. both my mms and internet services have been working fine up until this occurence, is it maybe to do with the background maintainence that is happening? will the picture need to be resent or will it be received automatically later on?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

its all good now, message was recieved hours later and the mms service is working fine again now 😛

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If it was working before but not now I'd check the APN settings just to make sure that they are correct and have not changed. They should not change unilaterally but sometimes phone software updates etc. can interfere with them. If necessary log a support query to see if 48 can assist here.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

its all good now, message was recieved hours later and the mms service is working fine again now 😛

rainyday
Newcomer

I'm still have problems recieving MMS messages. I'm able to send MMS without any difficulty. My APN settings are as per the generic settings in this thread. I have some additional APN fields, in case these are relevant;

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol IPv4

APN enable/disable: greyed out, but reads 'APN enabled' and checkbox is ticked

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: None

Do I need to change any of these settings to recieve MMS?

These settings work:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

@dalyer wrote:

These settings work:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560

Hope this helps.

Not for me, unfortunately - I've checked my settings line by line to make sure they are correct, and they are - but still no incoming MMS. I've tried two different messaging apps, but it is the same in both - the message appears with a 'download' button, but the download button does nothing.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You should contact 48 support so.

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

Does normal internet access work OK?
MMS messages normally only send/receive over carrier data and not over wifi.

But if you are sending them OK but just not receiving them OK then that's very odd since it suggests that the APN used for MMS is OK but something else is preventing you receiving MMS.

Did you get anywhere with this?