cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought eu add on minutes and still cant make call to uk mob

Anon
Not applicable

Please help me asap I bought eu roaming minutes last night as I urgently need to make a call to the uk but when I try to dial the uk mob num is says I don't have enough minutes. Please fix this asap as the call is important

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

EU roaming add-ons are for when you are abroad roaming in an EU country and cover calls/texts to Ireland and the country in which you are roaming. They are not for calling/texting EU numbers when back home in Ireland. In that case you need cash credit on your account to make such calls:

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

EU roaming add-ons are for when you are abroad roaming in an EU country and cover calls/texts to Ireland and the country in which you are roaming. They are not for calling/texting EU numbers when back home in Ireland. In that case you need cash credit on your account to make such calls:

Other call charges

International calls

Europe

When calling Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijani Republic, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Rep, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, French Antilles, French Guiana, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte/ Reunion, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovak Rep, Slovenia Rep, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK (incl NI) or Ukraine you'll pay:

Calls to mobiles and Landlines50c
Texts25c

All International call charges are inc VAT and are charged per minute.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Im in the IoM and cannot connect to Manx telecom or any provider even though i did purchase roaming text and calls.......why i got no roaming(said in my best Spanish accent, i love Spain.)?

Any chance you have an iPhone?
If so then try this:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Iphone-6-no-network-when-overseas/m-p/32727#M11081

If not then post back and let us know if you can see any networks at all when you do a manual search.

Hope this helps.

No iPhone it's a Nexus5

So can you see any networks when you do a manual scan?
If so then what exactly happens when you try to connect to one?