cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to network

Anon
Not applicable

i joined up this morning and switched from vodafone. after a while my vodafone sim stopped working so i popped in the 48 one. ive logged into my48 and bought membership and everything seems ok on that side but i have no connection. my sim says emergency calls only and if i try to make a call it says im not registered on the network.

ive also tried to resend my internet settings a few times but because ive no signal the mms isnt coming thru? every now and then my phone says refreshing sim but nothing happens. ive tried turning the phone on and off a few times and removed the sim and it still wont work.

any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Enable data roaming and see if that helps.

Manually scan for networks and connect to 48 (or O2 if 48 is not listed).

Does that work?

Is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

When you log into your online account does everything look OK and no warnings/messages about problems?

Is it an iPhone by any chance? If so you may need to activate it on the 48 network. Depending on your version of iOS this can either be done on the phone or by syncing with iTunes. You will need some cash credit on your account to cover the cost of the UK/international text that this process sends (25c).

To configure your internet settings use the online configurator once you have a connection and can receive texts - or the Tweakker APN app from the Play Store if you're on Android.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks. Its a galaxy s3.
Ive enabled roaming and searched networks but it only shoes vodafone and meteor.
everything looks ok on the 48site
denis

OK - if you are only seeing Vodafone and Meteor then something's not right.

Are you sure that you registered/activated the SIM properly?

You probably need to contact 48 support for advice:

How to get help

Hope this helps

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

ive been onto the support and they told me try here and are looking at it themselves also.

the signal has shown up now but is very poor. it comes and goes so im thinking it might be a coverage issue.

might have to switch providers again. pity, 48 is very good value

Where are you located?

Are you in an area of weak coverage?

What's the network coverage like?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Resolved-3G-coverage-issues-08-05-2013/m-p/5078#M125

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

cheers.

theres a few masts near enough to me(within 2/3 miles).  the closest vodafone and 02 masts seem the same distance away but its pretty hilly here so that could be an issue.

thanks a million.