cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant make calls or send texts but can recieve calls and nothing else, i have memberhip and signal

Anon
Not applicable
I have signal and required membership that isn't due to expire for two weeks.
I can receive calls but not texts and cannot make phone calls or texts.
This problem happens far too often.
A solution would be greatly appreciated as I need to be able to contact and be contacted.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi

Im puzzled as first thought is if the Signal in your area is poor generally, you would have this kind of issue. yet you say you have signal...

Or do you find, indoors is when you have trouble... & you only have Edge (2G)?

Sometimes, for reasons unknown, to turn off - pull out battery & sim, buff sim with clean cloth, then re-insert & reboot can help.

Often, you would get a suggestion to check your config settings... this would not apply here - if your settings were incorrect your phone would not work at all.

If your account is fine,(check My 48) & you have no fair use warnings(?), it points to the handset & perhaps poor signal.

Can you try the suggestions for elimination above & post back?

🙂

Anon
Not applicable
My signal is usually fine and I always have 3G.
I've reset my phone network settings (it's an iphone) and I have turned it on and off multiple times. It's been almost 24 hours and the issue still hasn't been resolved. My membership runs out in 2 days and I'm not getting to use the last of it. It's a danger for me to be unable to contact or be contacted.
Any help welcom,
Thanks

1amcn
Rock Star

Hi again.

Time to contact 48 support.

Log a ticket here:

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hopefully, this will be sorted soon.

🙂