cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i forgot to change my number before i put in my credit

Anon
Not applicable

i forgot to change my number before i put in my credit... if i change my number now will i loose my credit?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are you sure about that? I thought the (potential) problem was initiating the porting process and then topping up or buying membership/add-ons WHILE it was in progress? However I didn't think that there was any problem with topping up/buying stuff while on the 089 number and then initiating a porting request. Aoife - my understanding is that you should have no problem here but maybe confirm that with 48 support before doing anything...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

Anon
Not applicable

Hi aoifeyc123

I'm afraid if you have alreaded activated your SIM without changing number and bought membership, it is not possible to change your number.

Yours,

Camille

Community Helper

Are you sure about that? I thought the (potential) problem was initiating the porting process and then topping up or buying membership/add-ons WHILE it was in progress? However I didn't think that there was any problem with topping up/buying stuff while on the 089 number and then initiating a porting request. Aoife - my understanding is that you should have no problem here but maybe confirm that with 48 support before doing anything...

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/td-p/4038/jump-to/first-unread-message

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

God im just after doing what you said and ported my number and then bought a months membership.

What will happen now?

I have logged a support ticket anyway.

48 support can hopefully clarify. 

In any case if something does go wrong I imagine that they can correct it manually.

Let us know what they say and what happens.

Anon
Not applicable

I apologise for any confusion caused by myself!

Dayler is right, contact the 48 crew to be 100% sure though.

Yours,

Camille

Community Helper

mdwexford
Visitor

All sorted now anyway.

Number is ported to 48 and my membership is transferred to my new number.

One last thing im wondering about is I thought I had to put in internet settings but I already have a 3G signal which is working fine. I have an iPhone 5 if that matters.

Glad to hear you got that sorted.

Your second question seems unclear - is your internet/data access working or not? 

Hope this helps.

Yes my internet is working fine but I havent put in any 48 data settings.

I presume I dont have to then.

If it just works happy days? Maybe 48 can push them to some phones in some cases? Athough I've never seen it work myself. Out of curiosity you could check the settings just to see if they match the ones in the Internet Settings thread - if internet access works then I presume that they do...

Hope this helps.