cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage on ios 8

Anon
Not applicable
Hello, iMessage was working up untill i upgraded to ios 8 and now it just stays, "waiting for activation" and sometimes it gives me an error, please help! It would be very much appreciated!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks very much for you're reply, I'll top up my account now as i only have 1c in it, i'll tell you how it goes, thanks again

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do you have any cash credit on your account?

If not could you topup by €1 and try again?
I just wonder if it's trying to send a UK SMS to (re)activate it and it cannot because you have no credit to cover the cost of this text (25c)?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Thanks very much for you're reply, I'll top up my account now as i only have 1c in it, i'll tell you how it goes, thanks again

Anon
Not applicable
Hello again, thanks for everything, I think its working now! Thanks very much.

Great. So topping up by €1 did the trick? And now you probably have 76c credit left if it sent one UK SMS costing 25c?

For some reason iPhones/iMessage/FaceTime seems to need this SMS based (re)activation from time to time - e.g. after iOS updates, after roaming abroad etc. Not sure why.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.