cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service on iphone??? (just joined 48)

Anon
Not applicable

i signed up for 48 today after instering my sim, got the unlock code via text and changed my number over. then i topped up by €15 for the mitch but my iphone says no service?

i've turned it off and on again.

i don't think my phone is locked to any network because when i insert the sim it just tells me to enter my pin code. please help, i urgently need my phone.

edit: just took the sim out and put it back in and now it says "invalid sim" where no service was after i enter the pin code.

5 REPLIES 5

1amcn
Rock Star
Hey there...
seems like a few things goin on there... so you have paid your membership for the month and selected the Mitch-have you checked your membership is running on your 48 member page?
the pin request is the pin that came with your 48 sim card, have you entered this number?
next on the list is you may have to manually go into network settings on your device and select '48', as you network provider. Also 48 roams on the 02 network, do select 'data roaming' also.
can you give the above a try one by one by& get back to me if you have any success?

Sometimes iPhones need to be sync'd with iTunes to get validated with the 48 SIM. This may require you to have a small amount of credit to cover the cost of sending an international/UK SMS as part of the activation process. Search the forum for more about this scenario in case it applies to you here.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

tried all of the above and it didn't work (carrier settings isnt an options on my phone)

wiped & restarted my phone and i got an error message saying to request my phone to be unlocked by my previous network provider sigh

I haven't used an iPhone in ages and never on 48 but cannot understand why some people seem to have so many problems getting them set up on this network. Part of the problem seems to be that Apple/iPhone/iTunes/whatever don't recognise 48 (and other MVNOs?) as a legitimate carrier so that the SIM "just works" and you have to go through some sort of additional registration/activation malarky via iTunes to get things to work...

I guess you'll have to contact 48 support and see if that can assist?

How to get help

It's not clear that your phone is unlocked for use on any network though and that's the first thing to verify.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

iguessitslauren
Visitor
I have the same problem but my ohone Is unlocked-how did you fix it?