cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sim not valid"

pdf
Newcomer
I am changing from an ordinary sim to a micro sim on a new iPhone. I activated the new sim online and the old sim is now not working. I am trying to get the phone up and running and the phone is now saying.<br>&quot;The SIM card that you currently have installed on this phone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activated policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked by your carrier. &quot;<br><br>This is a new sim free phone and not from a phone company so I can't see how I would need to unlock it.<br><br>Does anyone have any ideas, I can't do the other options as I haven't set up the phone yet.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

It may need reactivation with the new SIM.

Try putting a small amount of cash credit on it and try again.

You need at least 25c to cover the cost of a UK SMS that may get sent as part of the activation process.

If that doesn't work then try syncing with iTunes (with at least 25c cash credit on your account) and see if that works.

Unfortunately iPhones are hassle like this - doesn't happen with Android.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Its odd as I put an 02 sim in it and it worked no problem. I havwe €10 credit on my account and I updated my membership. 

what are my options if I cant get the SIM to function, its not a hardware problem obviously.  Will I have to abandon 48?

The problem is that iPhones don't always recognize SIMs from smaller operators including virtual operators such as 48 - that's why they need activation and why SIMs from bigger operators such as O2 just work straight off. This is nothing to do with phone locking by the way.

You have €10 cash credit as well as membership?

Dial *100# to check your cash credit balance.

Make sure that you have at least 25c cash credit.

Once you have put the 48 SIM in again, power on and then toggle airplane mode on and then off again.

Make sure that data roaming is enabled.

If necessary do a manual scan and manually connect to 48.

If that doesn't work then try a sync with iTunes.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support.

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi and thanks for your help

The sim is just saying invalid Sim. 

Tried dialling b*100# to check your cash credit balance but it says "Error performing request no network service"

did the airplane mode toggle etc.

I know I have credit cos I can see it on my 48.

I have connected it to itunes and it popped up with the same message about the SIM card not being supported. it seems like a 48 problem

Your message "You have €10 cash credit as well as membership? Dial *100# to check your cash credit balance. Make sure that you have at least 25c cash credit. Once you have put the 48 SIM in again, power on and then toggle airplane mode on and then off again. Make sure that data roaming is enabled. If necessary do a manual scan and manually connect to 48. If that doesn't work then try a sync with iTunes. If that doesn't work then you'll have to contact 48 support."

OK - I guess you'll have to contact 48 support about this so.

There seems to be a problem with the online support system so you may have to use the email address right now. See here:

Ask an agent/help request pages not working (6th J...

Hope this helps.