joe201175
Visitor
I.done a factory reset on.my.phone and since then.i.can't receive texts
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you send texts?

If you can't send or receive then check that your SMSC number is set correctly.

You seem to be using a Samsung so this link may be relevant:

http://devicesupport.swisscom.ch/web/samsung-galaxy-s4/set-up-your-mobile-phone/how-to-set-up-your-m...

The 48 SMSC is +353894300000.

On many Android phones you can also check/set your SMSC by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, going to Phone information and then down to SMSC. Refresh will show what it's currently set to. Update will update it with whatever is entered into the SMSC field.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you send texts?

If you can't send or receive then check that your SMSC number is set correctly.

You seem to be using a Samsung so this link may be relevant:

http://devicesupport.swisscom.ch/web/samsung-galaxy-s4/set-up-your-mobile-phone/how-to-set-up-your-m...

The 48 SMSC is +353894300000.

On many Android phones you can also check/set your SMSC by dialing *#*#4636#*#*, going to Phone information and then down to SMSC. Refresh will show what it's currently set to. Update will update it with whatever is entered into the SMSC field.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

joe201175
Visitor
I can send texts but not receive any and can only send to 48

This seems to happen from time to time to individual users.

You most likely need to contact 48 support and get them to look into it for you:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

joe201175
Visitor
iv went through every.setting.over and over message c centre number . internet settings .if its not fixed by.Monday.I.might change network ..its not the phone cause I put the sim.in another handset.so please try and fix it

As I said above you really need to contact 48 support using the link that I posted.

Hope this helps.

joe201175
Visitor
Sorted just reset phone again

You mean a factory reset?

Odd that that was required...

joe201175
Visitor
Very odd when a factory reset caused the problem from the begining.