cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time without signal

ciswoods
Visitor

I'm with 48 for a few months now and have this problem with dropped signal which is effecting my battery life not to mention missig calls and messages.

I have a galaxy s2 and if i leave it on standby over night and check it in the morning  the "time without signal" could be as high as 58% . This morning it was 47%.

I have tried other sim's ( same conditions )  02  and meteor on the same phone and the worst i got with them was 2% , so is there something wrong with the sim or is there a weakness in the 48 signal. I know that 48 runs on the 02 network so it should be the same . I have an 02 card in the S2 phone for the last 7.5hrs and it has not losy any signal time .

I have the 48 sim in a old nokia phone at the moment and its showing 3 to 4 bars out of 7 but the phone does not tell me if it ever loses the signal ( too old ).

I had noticed since i changed to 48 that I was not getting as much time out of my battery but i presume if the phone was losing and serching for network signal so much that would explain it.

I suppose getting a replacement sim is the next option but I'm going on holidays on Wed so that will have to wait. will just have to bring a spare o2 or meter sim just in case.

Am i missing something else , any ideas

Mick

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Strange one.
I suspect that you'll need to log a support request to get 48 support to look into this for you.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/How-to-get-help/m-p/4038#U4038

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm off on holidays in a few days time and hopefully won't be using the phone that much anyway. will look into it in more detail when i return as I'm also due an upgrade soon.

Thanks