cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usual 48 membership deal

Anon
Not applicable
I want to revert back to the usual 48 membership deal of €10 but its not giving me the option. In a hurry the last time I topped I bought the guido which was the only one for €10 and I had never heard of a price structure change prior. What can I do?
19 REPLIES 19

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

When 48 introduced the new membership deals on March 5th they allowed those who were members before then to purchase the old Standard membership on condition that they never bought any membership other than Standard or VIP/Don thereafter. Anybody who bought one of the other memberships since then lost the right to buy Standard membership. I guess that this applies to you? People were emailed about these changes and the conditions on buying Standard membership at the time. You could try logging a support request to see if 48 can waive the rules and allow you to buy Standard again but I suspect that they may not as if they do it for one customer then they might have to do it for everybody thus rendering their rules pointless...

http://help.48months.ie/requests/new

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hi  i  topped  up  guido  by mistake   how  do  i  get  back  on  my  standard  account 

Hi @hogserhogan you'll need to log a support request to the 48 agents, and they can look into it for you. You can do it via this link.

Anon
Not applicable
Cheers for info Dalyer as a long time 48 convert I find the information regarding the new price structure as at best disingenuous. At my last top up I was gifted my membership by a family member who wasn't given the option of the usual from her account to mine and wrongly assumed that the only €10 top up (the guido) was usual membership. I have taken your advice for a support request and subject to its reply will know whether I'll be remaining on the 48 network or changing back to the standard providers. In fact they appear to have gotten their acts together as regards pricing and are offering comparable if not more lucrative pricing plans. If nothing else I believe 48 has been a catalyst of this awakening so if I don't get a reasonable resolution I bid you a heartfelt thank you and adieu 48

@cocoroonto wrote:
Cheers for info Dalyer as a long time 48 convert I find the information regarding the new price structure as at best disingenuous. 

Similar to all other users on the €20 VIP deal at the time I got this email before they introduced the new memberships on March 5th:

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showpost.php?p=1313558&postcount=5

Users on the €10 Standard deal at the time got something similar. 

The emails seemed clear enough to me. If you were a member before 5th March you could continue to purchase Standard membership but only if you continued to buy €10 Standard or €20 VIP/Don membership but not if you bought any one of the other memberships. Standard membership was not available to new customers joining on or after 5th March.

They also put this on the website to clarify matters with regard to the "legacy" plans:

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/legacy-plans

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Yes that e-mail did do the rounds but nowhere does it stipulate - if mistakingly you purchase another price plan you will be locked out of your current price plan or usual membership. Also the fact that another person bought the price plan who unwittingly did not know the implications of the purchase only aggrieves me even further, she proclaims that the usual membership was not an option from her 48 account to mine.

Was there another email that clarified that? One way or another the condition was clear to me. Maybe it was from the old forum. I can't remember the details...

Anyway as I suggested above log a support request and make your views known to 48 directly. Maybe they can clarify or help...

Good luck.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Already done Dalyer.

Thanks for info

I seem to recall at least one similar situation where person A bought the "wrong" membership as a gift for person B thereby disqualifying person B from ever buying Standard membership again. In that case I think that 48 fixed things so that Person B was not disqualified from buying Standard membership through no fault of their own. Maybe they can do something similar for you....

Good luck! 🙂