cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding roaming

cmacevil
Visitor
For some reason I don't have the option to add roaming minutes or texts even though I have a balance on my account! Any idea??
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
EU roaming add-ons no longer exist.
See here

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

cmacevil
Visitor
Ok thanks but why when I am in the uk am I unable to check my voicemail or send text or make calls??

Are you on a Guido membership?

If not then EU roaming will simply not work as per the link that I posted above.

Are you using an iPhone?

If you ARE on a Guido membership and are using an iPhone then it may be this common issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

iPhone abroad issue

You may need to be patient/persistent to get that working.

Switching airplane mode on and then off and then quickly trying the reconfiguration tip may help to catch the local network quickly enough to allow it to work.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

cmacevil
Visitor
I am not on guido or using an iPhone!!! Any other tips??

If you're not on a Guido membership then EU roaming is simply not going to work as explained in the first link that I posted above.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Going-away-Using-48-when-roaming/m-p/44774#M...

"On other plans (Mitch, Don, Doke and Standard) you will not be able to use your phone in the EU, aside from Rep of Ireland. 

The EU roaming addons will no longer be available."