cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada

quartz
Visitor
Hi, I have an iPhone 5S and arrived in Canada yesterday. I want to text message my parents who do not have a smart phone. I purchased credit but cannot connect into a local network. Can you advise please? Regards, Ciara
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Probably this issue due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862/jump-to/first-...

You may need to try many times to get that working.
Switching airplane mode on and then off and trying it quickly may help to catch the local network allowing the setting to be changed.

Blame Apple for this hassle.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @quartz?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

quartz
Visitor
Unfortunately I have been unable to connect to a local network despite repeated attempts and filling the instructions provided. I would be grateful if you would consider reimbursing me €10 please as I am unable to use this credit. Many thanks. Regards, Ciara

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't work for 48.
You need to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @quartz?