cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call landlines

IreneS3128
Newcomer

Hi, my phone was working perfectly on the €7.99 all calls, texts and 100gb deal. Last night I realised FaceTime wasn't working. As part of troubleshooting I reset local network settings. I solved the FaceTime issue by adding credit to my account but now I cannot call landlines. I can call mobiles and the internet is working. When I call a landline it either says 'number not recognised' or gives a weird sound. I have tried different landline numbers, all the same problem. Can somebody please help? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You mean Irish national landlines?
Are you definitely dialing the correct landline area code prefix?
Did such calls work before you reset the phone?
You may need to contact 48 support about this.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Also are you calling landline contacts in your phone contacts?
If so try dialling manually to see if that makes any difference.
E.g. +353 1 1234567 for a Dublin landline number or 01 1234567.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi, I tried dialling manually, did make a difference. Strangely I can call my sister's landline , but some office landlines I am trying to reach. Also cannot call my own landline. I have removed and reinserted the sim etc. Thanks for reply.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
So even if you dial manually with the appropriate prefixes you can't call some landlines?
If that's the case then you'll have to get onto 48 support and get them to look into it.

Hope this helps.