cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make/receive calls/texts in France

TomasG3781
Newcomer

Hello,

Since arriving in France yesterday, I cannot make/receive calls/texts, i.e. I am not registered on any French network.

I'm not worried about data for the moment, I just need basic mobile phone operation.

I have followed the steps in the video "How to connect to a roaming network on Android"

The "automatic select" option for networks is already turned on, data roaming is already turned on.

The "48 SIM menu" app that is mentioned in the second half of that video no longer seems to exist in the Google Play Store. I see only the My48 app which is the same as the website and doesn't allow the setting of any features.

Please let me know what needs to be done on your end or my end to make this work. The phone in question is not locked in any way and has already successfully roamed in Fracne with a SIM card from another operator.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

As far as I know the app that you need is called SIM Toolkit or SIM Tool Kit (at least it is on my Android phone) and it's not installed from the Play Store but seems to be bundled with the SIM itself or with Android.

If these threads don't help then you'll need to contact 48 support.

To contact 48 support see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.