cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !! Got a new iPhone 6 for Christmas

danielle24554
Newcomer
Hi I got a new iPhone previously had a 5 the new phone is unlocked but yet when I put in my 48 SIM card it's saying no service and I can't get 48 when searching for a carrier , is there anything I need to put in to my phone setting to make it work
20 REPLIES 20

Hi, yes history shows nothing since September, (sim was used by daughter, not enough data) will need to wait till online bank updates. Thanks Martin

Are you sure that you made the payment/bought membership?

Surely the online banking would show such a transaction more or less immediately if it actually happened?

Mine does.

Have you tried topping up/buyng membership again?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi Guys,

So just want to give an update on the issue of the missing credit.

The guy from 48months is trying to tell me that some other 48 member has used my wifes credit card to add €10 of credit to their account ie this person has hacked the wifes credit card.

He insists there is nothing wrong with any of their systems either their credit card authorisation or allocation of credit to accounts which obviously there is.

Has anyone else ever come across this before, obviously I shall be contacting the wifes crecit card company for them to investiagte aand looking to move operators.

Thanks Matrtin

I had my credit card compromised (due to no fault of my own) a few years back but not on 48.

I reported the fraud to my card provider and they did a chargeback which (eventually) resulted in me being refunded the unauthorised payments.

I also had to cancel the card and get a new one since the original was compromised.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

This is nothing to do with cards being compromised this is a case of insecure IT systems and credit card security that they use.

Think about it carefully, what are the chances of some random person who has an account with 48 hacking the wifes credit card and adding credit to their account on the exact same day (Christmas) that I am adding credit to the wifes account.

And as I said in the very first post I actually saw the minuites and allowances come up on her account but were gone next day.

She's cancelling her a card at the moment but I would be very wary about adding my or anyones credit card details onto 48's IT systems cause to me it looks like they have been compromised.

Thansk Martin 

what are the chances of some random person who has an account with 48 hacking the wifes credit card and adding credit to their account on the exact same day (Christmas) that I am adding credit to the wifes account.

I don't know what the chances are but as I said it happened to me - with a card that I had never used online or offline at that stage. It surprised me at the time but it can obviously happen. It was somebody in Pakistan who was using my card details to buy stuff online!

@dalyer wrote:

what are the chances of some random person who has an account with 48 hacking the wifes credit card and adding credit to their account on the exact same day (Christmas) that I am adding credit to the wifes account.

I don't know what the chances are but as I said it happened to me - with a card that I had never used online or offline at that stage. It surprised me at the time but it can obviously happen. It was somebody in Pakistan who was using my card details to buy stuff online!

Hi dayler, yeah I know that suff goes on all the time, people trade credit card details etc. BUT for someone to then buy credit (and only €10 credit) on the exact same site (operator) at the exact same time that I was adding credit to the wifes account, has to be an issue on 48's systems.....think about.

This is not a case of credit card fraud but dodgy IT systems that 48 are using or who ever hosts them for them.

I've taken the wifes credit card details down (even though card is now cancelled) and changed pass word to her account.

I'll be sending on the details to the guys in Comreg to see what they think.

Thanks Martin

In case it's of any use:

Code of Practice

Escalations

If you consider that your complaint has not been dealt with in a satisfactory manner then you can request that your complaint is escalated. It will then be reviewed by a supervisor who will advise directly on the outcome and will have the discretion to apply refunds and credits in appropriate cases.

Hope this helps.

@dalyer wrote:

In case it's of any use:

Code of Practice

Escalations

If you consider that your complaint has not been dealt with in a satisfactory manner then you can request that your complaint is escalated. It will then be reviewed by a supervisor who will advise directly on the outcome and will have the discretion to apply refunds and credits in appropriate cases.

Hope this helps.

Hi, yes thanks for this it’s gone legal now as 48 are insisting that the wife's credit card has been fraudulently used by another of their customers, rather than admit they have an issue with their IT/payment systems. I just advise people NOT to leave any card details on their systems as it would appear that they are being migrated onto other accounts. Thanks