cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with iPhone - SIM not supported

elestel
Visitor

Hi,
I smashed my iPhone screen today. My friend gave me his old iPhone which I reset and erased. I'm trying to set it up now with my info but it's saying that it doesn't support my 48 sim. Can you adv what I need to do please?
Thanks
Lou

*edited subject line to match the conversation*

23 REPLIES 23

elestel
Visitor
It says invalid sim

The SIM was working in your old iPhone?
If so then the SIM is unlikely to be the problem.

For what it's worth Apple have this to say about the "invalid SIM" message:

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT201420

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

And probably no consolation but you're definitely not the only person facing this problem:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3757348?start=0&tstart=0

Unfortunately whatever stupid way Apple do things can cause all sorts of problems and frustration for users. 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

elestel
Visitor
Ya the sim is still working now in my old iPhone. I messaging you through a cracked screen!

Did you try the advice that Apple provide in that link?

elestel
Visitor
Most of it, I'll try it all again when I get home and have my laptop. Can't check now but I think it actually says unsupported sim rather than invalid sim

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
If it's unsupported SIM then it may be an activation problem.
Due to the stupid way that Apple do things you may need to put some cash credit on your account to pay for a UK SMS message that gets sent automatically by the activation process.
Try that and see if it helps.

Hope this helps.

elestel
Visitor
So what do I do? Just go into my account and top up credit or buy roaming txts?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Just put €1 cash credit on your account.
You still haven't clarified what the exact message is though.

Hope this helps.

elestel
Visitor
Put €1 on my account and doesn't look like it helped.
First it says Sim failure and when I press ok invalid sim comes up in the left corner where it normally says 48