cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to buy a new phone - can I use my 48 sim in it?

raffa
Newcomer

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The new phone needs to be unlocked for use on any network.

And the SIM needs to fit - if not then you need to order a replacement of the right size:

All you need to know about SIMs

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you that was very helpful, but just wondering if every new phone has to be unlocked.  Can I get a phone that does not need unlocking?  Maybe even a Doro?

Thanks. 

Hi

If you wish to change networks, your phone must be unlocked, either purchased unlocked-or, you get it unlocked after purchase.

Some phones that you can buy are unlocked for use on any network.

Usually phones bought from or for a particular network are locked to that network and need to be unlocked before they can be used on another network such as 48,

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all?