cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping an old number on a new 48 sim card

fritz1
Visitor
I lost my phone and I bought a new one, I put in a new 48 sim but I want to keep my old 086 number how do I do it
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You really need to get a replacement SIM in this case.

That way when you activate the replacement SIM you will still have your old account, number, membership, credit etc.

If you activate a SIM as a new SIM (as you seem to have done here) then you lose all of these and start from scratch with a new account (which requires a different email address).

To get a replacement SIM see here - choose the block option:

Change my SIM

Otherwise if you want to continue with the new SIM, lose your old membership/credit etc. but still want to transfer your old number over then you'll need to contact 48 support and ask them if they can do this for you.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You really need to get a replacement SIM in this case.

That way when you activate the replacement SIM you will still have your old account, number, membership, credit etc.

If you activate a SIM as a new SIM (as you seem to have done here) then you lose all of these and start from scratch with a new account (which requires a different email address).

To get a replacement SIM see here - choose the block option:

Change my SIM

Otherwise if you want to continue with the new SIM, lose your old membership/credit etc. but still want to transfer your old number over then you'll need to contact 48 support and ask them if they can do this for you.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all @fritz1?

fritz1
Visitor
Yes this answer solved my problem, thanks a lot

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great, glad it helped.

tessy76
Visitor
I left 48 months 2 months ago buy I want to come back and keep my number what do I do

Get a new SIM, register/activate it and port your number over to 48 from your current provider.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @tessy76?