cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of connection abroad

hilaryc
Visitor
Hi, I'm going to Nice today for the weekend and I've just remembered that when i was abroad earlier this year that my phone didn't connect up to networks for calls and texts (i could only use wifi). I tried connecting manually to networks and it still didn't work. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a million.
12 REPLIES 12

I asked them around the same time I put up my first post on the discussion forum and the replies I got from you were more useful so I didn't ask them again.  I'm home now, but I'll follow up with them again another time to find out if I should be able to use data abroad on Guido and if so, why I wasn't able to, because it would have been really handy to be able to do it.

Thanks again for all your help.

OK - that's a shame.

As I said many people seem to have had problems with data not working while roaming in the EU on a Guido membership even though this should work.

In at least some cases changing the APN field setting back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com from whatever it had changed to abroad and then switching the phone or airplane mode off/on rectified the problem and got data working while roaming.

In some cases this did not solve the problem and I'm not really sure what would fix it.

I can't understand why 48 have not been able to fix this issue - i.e. so that it just works and no manual reconfiguration is needed while roaming - or at least explain it in detail and provide a failsafe way of fixing it manually when it happens.

Man Sad

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yeah, you would think that data roaming wouldn't be a problem.  I've never had a problem doing it with other mobile providers so I'm not sure why it's a problem with 48.  If I hear a reason from them I'll let you know.  Thanks again.