cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of connection abroad

hilaryc
Visitor
Hi, I'm going to Nice today for the weekend and I've just remembered that when i was abroad earlier this year that my phone didn't connect up to networks for calls and texts (i could only use wifi). I tried connecting manually to networks and it still didn't work. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Thanks a million.
12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You will need a Guido membership or nothing will work.

See here:

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Troubleshooting-Knowledge-Base/The-Roaming-Info-and-Troubleshooting-...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

hilaryc
Visitor
Thanks Dalyer but i already have a Guido membership and it still doesn't work. Do you have any other ideas what it could be? Thanks.

You mean that you're abroad now and it's not working?

Is nothing working? 

Calls, texts, data?

Can you search for and connect to a local network?

If not what happens?

Is roaming enabled?

Most people have no problems with EU roaming on a Guido membership except with data while roaming.

In that case it looks like checking the APN field of the internet settings and changing it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com if it has changed from that and then rebooting or switching airplane mode on and then off sorts that problem out.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update @hilaryc?

hilaryc
Visitor
Hi dalyer. Sorry for not replying sooner. I only managed to get on wifi a little while ago. Yes, all working now (except for non-wifi data as you predicted). Thanks a million again for all your help. Have a nice weekend.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
For data did you check your internet settings APN field to ensure that it's set (back?) to 48months.liffeytelecom.com?

hilaryc
Visitor
Yep, checked that after you said it the first time but it didn't change things. It would be ideal to have it but as long as i can call, text and use wifi it doesn't bother me too much that i can't use data. Thanks again for your help.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Ok that's odd.
If you do need to get data working then you'll need to contact 48 support as I don't know why it's not working right now.

Hope this helps.

Were 48 support able to help @hilaryc?