cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro SIM new phone, not working

devlinca
Newcomer
I got a new phone, put in the new SIM and activated it - but no network. Any ideas what's going on?
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did the SIM activation process go ok?
Are there any errors on the phone?
What networks do you see if you do a manual scan/search?
What happens if you try to connect to 48?
Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?
What make and model?
If necessary contact 48 support tomorrow for more advice/assistance.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

devlinca
Newcomer
It seemed to go ok, I got a message on the site that said since I was with 48 before, I didn't need to do anything else. There aren't any errors, but when I try to join manually it says 'selected network is unavailable'. (A bunch of networks show up when I scan). The phone is unlocked. It's a Huawei p20 lite.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll probably have to contact 48 support tomorrow for more advice so.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Were 48 support able to help at all @devlinca?

devlinca
Newcomer
Yep, they activated it from their end and that fixed it!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
That's good to hear @devlinca.
I forgot that the last time I had to activate a replacement SIM I had a problem and had to get 48 support to sort it out for me too.