cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro sim and regular sim

paoblanco
Newcomer

Hi everyone, 

Currently I have a micro SIM but I am waiting for my Iphone 6 to be unlocked, so a friend has offered me to use her phone which only accepts regular SIM cards. Is it possible to have 2 active SIM cards (one micro and other regular) at the same time? Or by ordering a new regular card I will get my current Micro SIM deactivated? 

Thanks in advance for your help 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

iPhone 6 takes a nano SIM so if you have a micro SIM now then you'll need a new one anyway.

Best bet is probably to order a replacement SIM (choose the swap not block option) which will give you a "trio" SIM.

Change my SIM

A trio SIM is a nano SIM inside a micro SIM holder inside a mini/standard SIM holder.

You can use this as a mini SIM for now in your friend's loan phone.

Then when your iPhone is ready you can pop out the nano SIM from the trio package and use that.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

iPhone 6 takes a nano SIM so if you have a micro SIM now then you'll need a new one anyway.

Best bet is probably to order a replacement SIM (choose the swap not block option) which will give you a "trio" SIM.

Change my SIM

A trio SIM is a nano SIM inside a micro SIM holder inside a mini/standard SIM holder.

You can use this as a mini SIM for now in your friend's loan phone.

Then when your iPhone is ready you can pop out the nano SIM from the trio package and use that.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @paoblanco?

Yes it did. Thanks a lot. I am already using my new phone after ordering the trio SIM 😉

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Great, glad it helped.