cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multimedia message

eloram93
Newcomer
Hey asking for a friend. When she types a text message if it is a bit long it gets converted into a multimedia message, why is this? Can it be changed by a setting? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Some messaging apps do that.
Some have an option to prevent it.
Some don't in which case she might want to download a different app that does.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

eloram93
Newcomer
It's just normal text messages...😕

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Doesn't matter.
Some messaging apps convert long texts into MMS messages rather than sending them as SMS messages.
This has nothing to do with 48.
It's down to the phone and the messaging app that's used.
But there are free and paid for alternatives that can be configured not to do this.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @eloram93?

By any chance are they using a Samsung Galaxy phone?

This issue seems to be common with those.

As I said unless the default messaging app has an option to prevent "long" text messages from being converted to MMS then the only solutions are (a) only send "short" text messages or (b) install a different messaging app. In the past I have used free versions of apps such as Textra, Handcent, GoSMS, Chomp etc. some or all of which allow you to prevent text messages being converted to MMS but it's a long time since I used them and you would need to research what are the best free or paid messaging apps with this feature these days.

Hope this helps.