cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number is spoofed

AleksandrR0126
Newcomer

Hi everyone!
I'm receiving calls from random people that say I called them while I did not, so I believe my caller ID was spoofed.
The support team can do nothing and suggest to change phone number (and I don't want to do so).
So maybe someone faced same issue and managed to resolve it somehow?

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

A few people have reported the same thing here from time to time - you should be able to find the relevant threads by searching the Community Forum.

Support are correct that they can do nothing about it as it's not under their control.

Unfortunately phone number spoofing is relatively easy and very commonplace.

There isn't really much that you can do short of changing your number which is obviously not ideal or possible for many people.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

AleksandrR0126
Newcomer

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to dig more threads on this topic.

Did you get anywhere I have the same issue

See my previous reply:

There really isn't much that you or 48 can do about this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Nope, I did not. But I found bunch of articles about this issue and one of the recos is to patiently wait 'till the spoofers will stop using your number (as they usually use your number for a short period of time for their specific needs). So I did, and for the last 2-3 weeks I stopped receiving calls back from random people. Means I'm free for some time. I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do.