cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone won't make or receive calls, next bill due 8th Sept

lorrylive
Newcomer

This morning I noticed that my phone would not make or receive calls. My debit card auto is not due till sept 8th.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did anything change on your phone - e.g. software update or settings changes?

Is roaming/data roaming still enabled?

Do a manual scan for networks and see if you can see and connect to 48.

If not switch off, take the SIM out, gently clean it, reinsert it, switch on and try to scan for and connect to 48.

If that doesn't work then you may need a new SIM so contact 48 support.

https://www.48months.ie/help#contact-us

What sort of phone is it?

Is it an iPhone by any chance?

If so has iOS updated on it maybe meaning that it needs reactivation which requires cash credit to cover the cost of the 25c UK SMS that gets sent?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Did anything change on your phone - e.g. software update or settings changes?

Is roaming/data roaming still enabled?

Do a manual scan for networks and see if you can see and connect to 48.

If not switch off, take the SIM out, gently clean it, reinsert it, switch on and try to scan for and connect to 48.

If that doesn't work then you may need a new SIM so contact 48 support.

https://www.48months.ie/help#contact-us

What sort of phone is it?

Is it an iPhone by any chance?

If so has iOS updated on it maybe meaning that it needs reactivation which requires cash credit to cover the cost of the 25c UK SMS that gets sent?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

It is working now since I switched off for 15 mins. Thanks very glad, Lorry

Glad it's sorted.

But I'm not sure why this seems to happen for some people from time to time - i.e. they lose connection and/or service.

Would you have been in an aread of poor/marginal coverage or something and maybe it lost the connection for a bit?

No I've been in same place for past few days, it's working now after switching it off for 15 mins. Ta, Lorry

OK - just wondering. At least it's working again but I still don't know why this seems to happen sometimes.