cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage is bad in my house at Leopardstown, Dublin

Anon
Not applicable

Am new to Ireland and found an house at Elmfield apartments, Leopardstown, Dublin.
I have a 48 months plan and sorry but the network coverage seems to be very bad inside the house.

Connection is completely on and off - and when it comes i get max 2 points in the network bar. 

Network is decent in my office area (Leopardstown again).
I moved from Tesco for the same network problem (not sure if they also roam in O2 but it was quite bad in Dundrum  windy arbour area where i stayed earlier).
I understand its a network strength issue but any thing i can try/do from my end?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

If the signal is bad/weak/patchy indoors but OK outdoors then most likely the building in question is the problem - e.g. thick walls etc. attenuating the signal.

Testo is another virtual network operating on the Three network so if you had the same problem there that is consistent with that theory.

Has anybody else on any other network managed to get a good signal indoors?

Is there anything unusual about the dwelling - e.g. very thick walls, very many walls between you and the outside etc.?

You might be able to get a signal booster for boosting the signal indoors but I'm not sure if these are actually legal in Ireland...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

First, thanks a lot for replying Dalyer. 

I dont see anything unusual in the walls, its layout/thickness as such. It looks quite normal like it was in my old house.

[Also i didnt try Tesco in this new house - it was bad even in the old house at Dundrum, Dublin]

I dont get great signal even outside the house : its 2 or 3 bar - but i will check this on a continous basis at different times and get back. 

Inside house, the main problem is it fluctuates - at times it shows 2 bars and then its gone completely. And then it repeats which is annoying. 

And i am pretty new to apartment so dont know others so i will try to see to get an answer on whether there are other networks which are good. 

Thanks again.

You could also try a replacement SIM just in case that helps.

Need to swap your SIM?

And/or contact 48 support in case they can help.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.