cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York

karen8719
Newcomer
Hi, I travel to New York on April 24th, just wondering will my phone work there? It does work in France but I always have trouble in spain.
3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Your phone should work there om any membership but you'll need cash credit to pay for outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts - calls/texts are not covered by membership/addon allowances when roaming outside of Europe.

https://www.48months.ie/membership-plans/going-abroad

Data will not work as it only works when roaming in the EU on a Guido membership.

You seem to be using an iPhone in which case you need to be aware of this issue due to the stpuid way that Apple do things with iPhones.

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

Ideally make the roaming profile change before your leave Ireland for USA.

If you don't and need to make it there then you may have to try many times before it works.

Toggling airplane mode on and then off and trying the reconfiguration quickly and it may help to catch the local net work long enough to make the reconfiguration change.

What problems did you have in Spain?

Were you on a Guido membership?

Did you get any network connection at all?

If not it could be the "iPhone abroad issue" mentioned above.

If you did and calls/texts worked but data did not then it may have been the APN field of your internet settings changing from 48months.liffeytelecom.com to something else which doesn't work.

In that case you need to edit the APN field, set it back to 48months.liffeytelecom.com, save the change, reboot the phone and see if data starts working.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @karen8719 ?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

karen8719
Newcomer
I'll give all that a go, thanks for your message and help