cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone and can't text or phone

library1
Visitor

Hi,  I bought a new sim free phone and put my old sim card in it but it won't allow me to phone or text.  The message says, No Sim or Sim Error.  Can anyone help me please.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your SIM is a nano then it'll be too small to fit into the new phone and the size difference would be obvious.

What make and model of phone were you using before?

Did you try the other suggestions that I made above?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

30 REPLIES 30

Did you get anywhere with this?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi,

I'm still waiting on the new sim, I'll update you when I receive it.

library1
Visitor
Hi, the new son fits but when I try to phone it says, Not Valid Sim. What should I do

What is the exact message?

Did you activate the replacement SIM?

library1
Visitor
I activated the new but message says, Unable to connect, please insert a valid sim card

All I can suggest is you try the new SIM in another unlocked phone if possible.

If it works there then the problem is the phone and you'll need to contact Argos or Alcatel support for more assistance.

I cannot find anything useful when Googling the phone make and model and either of those error messages.

Did you try contacting 48 support also?

By the way - just to eliminate one other thing - you are inserting the SIM correctly - i.e. so that the SIM contacts make contact with the SIM tray contacts?! 

Apologies if that sounds stupid but some people have managed to do it the wrong way...

To be honest the behaviour of the phone so far suggests to me that it is locked to some network even if it should not be.

I'd be inclined to go back to Argos and ask to try another one or something like that.

library1
Visitor
Hi, we tried my sim in another phone and it worked and then put it in my new phone and my phone now works! Thanks for all your help.

You mean it's now working in your new Alcatel Pixi 4?!

That's great - even if it's still a bit mysterious!

Anyway - glad it's working if that's the case now.

Remember to configure your internet settings if you have a data allowance that you want to use:

https://community.48months.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M...

Hope this helps.

library1
Visitor
Yes, the Alcatel pixi, great news, cheers