cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone and can't text or phone

library1
Visitor

Hi,  I bought a new sim free phone and put my old sim card in it but it won't allow me to phone or text.  The message says, No Sim or Sim Error.  Can anyone help me please.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If your SIM is a nano then it'll be too small to fit into the new phone and the size difference would be obvious.

What make and model of phone were you using before?

Did you try the other suggestions that I made above?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

30 REPLIES 30

Hi, Thanks for all your help.  I'll try another sim later, just think it's strange cause I get my contacts so the sim must work from that point.  Anyway thanks again

I presume that your contacts are backed up to Google and not stored on the SIM which might explain why you can get them even if the SIM is not working?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Any update?

I think my old sim was a nano and I should be using a micro so I have requested to change my sim.  Hopefully that should do the trick.  Thanks

If your SIM is a nano then it'll be too small to fit into the new phone and the size difference would be obvious.

What make and model of phone were you using before?

Did you try the other suggestions that I made above?

Hi,

I was using an ipone 5.  I did the factory update.

iPhone 5 does take a nano SIM so that's too small for the new phone unless you use a nano to micro SIM adaptor.

Strange that you didn't notice this before!

It would have saved a lot of time & confusion....

I know, I'm really bad at phones.  Thanks for your help

If you squeezed the nano SIM into the micro SIM tray then hopefully you haven't damaged the latter!

You need to either get a nano to micro SIM adapter (e.g.https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/cpw/micro-and-nano-sim-adapter-3-pack.html#!colour=black&dealType=... or available in most other phone repair stores) or get a replacement micro SIM - choose the swap not block option and when you get it you can follow the instructions for activating it:

Change my SIM

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I don't think I damaged it.  I've ordered the change of sim so hopefully it'll work.  Thanks