cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No phone access abroad android

dunner21
Visitor
In UK, have minutes, credit. Phone says I'm on O2, but can't make or receive calls?
11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you on a Guido membership?

If not that's the issue.

EU roaming only works on a Guido membership.

If you are one Guido then if you do a manual scan for networks can you see and connect to any local network?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @dunner21?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dunner21
Visitor
Yes I do gave a Guido membership. Yes I did a manual scan for networks - Found O2, selected O2. Still didn't work, no connection achieved

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Very odd.
Did you try any other local networks?
This should work so I don't know why it doesn't here.
You'll probably need to contact 48 support for advice.

Hope this helps.

Did that help at all @dunner21?

Nop - the only network that was found was o2, and that didn't work.

Just to make matters worse, when I got back to Ireland I found that my local internet settings were wiped, third time that has happened. My Galaxy 6 is, to my mind, a good phone. 48months as an operator I'm certainly very dubious about at this stage!

That's odd/disappointing.

I would have expected it to find more networks over there and to be able to connect to and work on any of them once you were on a Guido membership (which is required for EU roaming to work).

The "lost settings" issue could be down to the Samsung Galaxy phone rather than 48 - it's a common and annoying issue (worldwide) that these phones can spontaneously lose their internet settings and need reconfiguration and Samsung seem to just ignore the fact that this impacts so many of their customers.

Hope this helps.

Disappointing indeed - only one provider found in central London and then it fails to connect...

As for the internet settings, the strange thing is that my phone was originally set up for Tesco Mobile, which I have changed to 48months. The phone is now configured for 48months only, yet when it lost the settings it reverted to tesco mobile again. V strange

Some phones' software don't have bang up to date info about networks (in particular MVNO virtual operators such as Tesco, 48, Lycamobile etc.) and sometimes misidentify them and use inappropriate default internet/APN configuration settings.

That's a phone/software issue.

Hope this helps.