cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service

meghand
Newcomer
I am inquiring about my reception. I was on holidays and the reception didn't work. I got an answer to my problem from an agent. I got home today and my reception isn't working again. It is coming up no service and searching. My sister is on 48 too and her reception is fine. I also then checked to see if it was my phone that was giving problems so I swapped sims with my sister. Her sim worked in my phone fine but mine still had no reception in hers. So I know now it's not the phone that is giving problems it is the sim.
2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I'm guessing that you (and your sister?) have an iPhone?

If so then see here:

iPhone abroad issue

Basically with some or all iPhones you have to switch profile when roaming abroad and then switch it back when you return.

This info is probably stored on the SIM which is most likely why your sister's SIM works in your phone but your SIM won't work in her phone (or your own phone).

I don't know why iPhones are so much hassle - other phones (e.g. Android, Windows etc.) don't need this messing...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did that help at all?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.